The HCM/Payroll project is coordinating and supporting the University-wide effort to replace the existing Human Resources and payroll system with Workday, a modern, cloud-based system. Our team has convened an Advisory Group and network of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) from across the University to lend their expertise in the configuration and design of Workday. HCM/Payroll is scheduled as Phase I of ASMP, with Financials following as Phase II. Each phase will address communications, user readiness, and training activities to support a smooth transition to the new business processes and systems.
- Completed the Plan, Architect, Configuration and Prototype stages
- The HCM Advisory Group is kept up to date on changes and progress. They are also contributing expertise and support as needed throughout the process. As we move through the Testing phase of the project, this group will participate in identifying individuals to participate in User Acceptance Testing.
- We are currently in the Testing phase of the project which includes:
- End to End Testing (April 25-July1): validates that full business processes have been configured appropriately and that executed test scenarios produce expected results. End to end testing crosses modules, includes integrations to and from Workday and encompasses the further identification and validation of reports that support or supplement our business operations at UT-Austin.
- User Acceptance Testing (July 25-August 19): UAT is a common stage in the implementation of any new software. The HR and Payroll community at UT-Austin will be engaged in a first-time experience with the Workday system during this testing. UAT is not considered training, however testing participants will receive training prior to executing test scenarios. The project will be looking for feedback from participants on the ease or difficulty of Workday's functionality and the clarify of help text and other training resources provided during testing.
- The HCM/Payroll modules that are in scope for go-live are:
- Human Capital Management HCM Includes Position Control, Personnel Admin & Academic Information)
- Absence (Leave)
- Recruiting (Applicant Services)
- Talent (Employee Development)
The vision for HCM/Payroll includes:
- Streamlined and simplified HR and Payroll business processes
- Seamless integration to other systems
- Better analytics and quicker access to HR and Payroll data for decision-making
- A flexible system that supports dynamic functional and technical requirements
- Ability to more quickly react to changing organizational structures, worker assignments, and reporting priorities
- An intuitive modern user experience including enhanced mobile capabilities
- Robust self-service for managing personal information, benefits, pay, and time-off
HCM/Payroll Advisory Group:
The role of the HCM/Payroll Advisory Group is to assist the project team with the following:
- Identify Readiness Coordinators for their areas
- Assist in addressing challenges that might hinder success of the program for their areas
- Make decisions or recommendations when requested by the ASMP HCM/Payroll Team
- Assist in providing resources to the program such as user acceptance testers and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Attend meetings and review materials which document/present decisions surrounding HR transactions at UT-Austin