To transform administrative operations to efficiently support productivity and innovation throughout the University, serving as a model for operational excellence in higher education.
To modernize the University's business processes, data management, and information systems to facilitate effective and efficient pursuit of the University's mission of teaching, research, and service.
We accomplish our purpose by:
- Streamlining business processes and procedures
- Implementing applications that support business priorities
- Providing a flexible IT infrastructure that supports business needs and enables the University to take advantage of new technologies
- Ensuring the availability and integrity of authoritative institutional data to support strategic reporting and decision-making
- Supporting the University community with the information, tools, and knowledge needed to successfully transition to new systems and processes
Our core values, listed below, guide ASMP 's collective and individual interactions and practices. For the University's Core Values, visit the Mission and Vision page.
- Stewardship – We operate with an appreciation for the strategic importance of ASMP initiatives, and acknowledgement of the substantial commitment the University is making to achieve its objectives. We hold ourselves accountable for fulfilling the responsibilities contained in our program charter and planning documents to achieve a successful outcome.
- Communication – We listen and communicate openly, honestly, promptly, and accurately to keep all stakeholders informed. We resolve questions and issues respectfully and directly.
- Excellence – We work efficiently and effectively to produce excellent work products. We are committed to producing high quality results for the benefit of the University.
- Trust – We place confidence in each other's abilities and commitments to get the job done, knowing that we work with integrity, tell the truth, and keep our word. We are supportive of each other's efforts and extend that support to the University community.
- Respect– We value the unique opinions, experience, and contributions of individuals, recognize the validity for other perspectives, and treat others in a professional and courteous manner.
- Collaboration –We make and implement decisions by working together, sharing knowledge, and engaging the University community.
- Innovation – We actively pursue new ideas, processes, practices, tools, technologies, and services that further our vision of transforming administrative operations for the University. We believe innovation requires freedom and discipline to thrive, and we maintain a balance for the good of ASMP and the University.
- Integrity – We act in a manner consistent with our core values.
We will employ the following guiding principles when making decisions about ASMP . The guiding principles are intended to help the ASMP team accomplish its goals in the most efficient and effective manner while still meeting essential requirements of the University community.
- Communicate frequently, clearly, and directly. We will keep the University community updated via multiple channels, including the Program website and face-to-face meetings.
- Involve and support stakeholders. We will provide multiple opportunities for campus engagement in order to understand and address the needs of our University community.
- Maintain strong governance. ASMP teams and leadership will resolve issues quickly and decisively within defined processes and structures.
- Challenge the status quo. We commit to asking "Why do we do it this way?" in all ASMP endeavors. We will challenge assumptions and prepare to change in order to reap the greatest benefits for the University.
- Implement standard functionality and business processes. Workday will be the primary solution and system of record for human resources, payroll, and financial administration. We will implement Workday's standard, best practice business processes, and functionality as delivered, unless there are significant and compelling reasons to do otherwise. Other systems providing additional, complementary, or extended administrative functionality will likewise be implemented with best practice business processes. We recognize that existing business processes and roles will change as a result.
- Apply enterprise thinking. We make decisions that take the entire University into consideration and focus on the good of the whole.
Case for Change
The ASMP Case for Change outlines the reasons why change at the University is necessary and articulates the ultimate goal of the Program.
- The University needs flexible, configurable systems that can integrate with cloud-based, packages and custom applications.
- Our once-leading technologies are out of synch with the industry, making it risky to rely on them.
- Complex, siloed, and outdated business processes impede administrative effectiveness and efficiency.
- It is increasingly difficult and expensive to integrate open-standard systems, add new business functions, and stay updated on best practices.
- The University needs secure, streamlined, and easily-accessible institutional data to support strategic decision-making.
- Attracting and retaining a talented technical staff to update, maintain, and repair our aging systems has become increasingly difficult.
As a result of implementing current technologies and enabling staff with new tools, the University will continue to grow and innovate in a sustainable environment, directing more resources to our core mission of teaching, research, and service.