The Administrative Systems Modernization Program (ASMP) was formed in 2012 to modernize the University’s administrative systems, data management, and technical architecture. ASMP was the realization of the Administrative Systems Master Plan developed in 2010.
ASMP’s original scope included:
- Implementing Workday as the new integrated HR, payroll, and financial systems
- Implementing a new administrative system technical architecture
- Supporting units as they transition more than 1,000 applications off the University’s mainframe
- Enhancing and expanding our data management strategy and Institutional Data Store
- Implementing the UTLearn Training Management System for employees and compliance training
- Implementing the MyUT web portal for students, faculty, researchers, and staff
- Implementing a new Student Information System (SIS)
- Providing communication, training, and user readiness activities to support units in a smooth transition
Much of the scope not related to the Workday implementation has be completed and moved in to production including the MyUT web portal for students and UTLearn, or has been transitioned to an owning unit for further development. All technical architecture components critical to the implementation of Workday have been deployed.
Following an Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) assessment, President Greg Fenves accepted the recommendation to pause the ASMP program in order to re-evaluate the non-Workday scope of the program and to reset the Workday project.
The ASMP program will transition into a Workday-only project by August 31, 2017. For more information on the Workday implementation, visit workday.utexas.edu.